Where there is a need for balance, be it for privacy and natural light. Our stylish glass bricks make the building of a ‘greener’ tomorrow start today. A combination of energy saving, fire resistance, safety, insulation, privacy and design give the best solution for any exterior facade or interior separation wall.
Glass Bricks boast the following features:
- Energy saving: The building of a ‘greener’ tomorrow starts today with the choice of smart materials.
- Resistance: Protect all the buildings from fire with fireproof glass bricks.
- Safety: for all those applications which need a high safety level.
- Insulation: create a more comfortable and functional environment with glass bricks insulation properties.
- Privacy: even where there is a need for privacy, there is a need for natural light.
- Design: a definition of space with a harmonic combination of colours, light, shapes and textures.
- Tailor made: the most prestigious projects realised in glass bricks.
Glass bricks can be used for the following applications:
- Homes: bathrooms, kitchens, living rooms, entrance halls, corridors, partition walls, staircases
- Offices: entrances, offices, canteens, staircases, feature walls
- Restaurants: it is necessary to dedicate the utmost attention to details in order to create a friendly and refined atmosphere which can give a complete emotional experience stimulating all the senses.
- Commercial buildings usually have very large and bright spaces; therefore architectural materials that let daylight in are the ideal solution for such type of structures
- Skylights / flooring: let the daylight in through the floor with glass flooring. Paver the step-steady glass blocks are ideal to obtain floors that let transmit natural light into to darker spaces providing, at the same time, a high structural load resistance.
What results can I expect?
Glass bricks are perfect for creating facades, partition walls or simple decorative elements that enhance style, colour and light. They can be added to any interior or exterior, residential or commercial project in order to obtain the desired ‘look and feel’.
The ‘green energy saving’ glass brick
- specific glass bricks can guarantee thermal insulation levels superior to those of conventional walls of equal thickness, therefore contributing to the conservation of the environment and the overall comfort of the interior space
- it effectively reduces the thermal transmittance of the glass block up to 50%, with the introduction of a low-emissivity glass plate and pressure controlled argon gas
- ES technology which effectively reduces the expenditure of energy through glass blocks, thus improving their energy efficiency
- it possible to rationalize energy use in residential and commercial buildings
- a glass brick is entirely recyclable at the end of its life cycle – made from all natural raw materials by a low-impact production process where the excess remains of one production cycle are used in the next one
- thermal insulation – the “thermal bridges” created by gaps between glass bricks are reduced
- compressive strength – only excellent quality raw materials and a manufacturing process that dedicates special attention to sealing and annealing can guarantee high compressive strength in glass blocks
- thermal endurance – thermal shock is one of the most stringent tests that glass bricks must undergo to verify their strength and resistance
- light transmission – transparency, one of the most important features of glass bricks, creates different effects in relation to the many possible combinations that can be made using different patterns, shapes, finishes and colours
- sound insulation – features such as mass and the internal air space guarantee that glass bricks offer a high level of sound insulation, even superior to that of brick walls of identical thickness
- fire resistance and reaction – glass, by its nature, tends to break quickly when subjected to thermal shock, glass brick structures offer a good level of safety – they constitute an effective fire barrier
- internal pressure – the pressure inside glass bricks is lower than the atmospheric pressure – in the event of breakage, the glass fragments tend to converge towards the inside (implosion) of the glass blocks instead of being projected outwards (explosion)
Glass bricks presents the innovative technology “ENERGY SAVING” that reduces the thermal transmittance of the classic glass block up to 50%, making it possible to create architectural façades made entirely of glass blocks that promote the conservation of energy and safeguard the environment.
ENERGY SAVING effectively reduces the thermal transmittance of the glass brick up to 50%, with the introduction of a low-emissivity glass plate and pressure controlled argon gas. The glass plate is inserted between the glass block halves to interrupt the thermal bridge, while the argon gas is added to reduce the thermal transmission caused by convective motion.
The result is a classic glass brick, like the famous Pegasus 19x19x8cm, that can reach a thermal transmittance value of U=1.5 W/m² K.
Attentive to the new themes regarding the conservation of energy and to the need to find a more efficient use of natural resources and renewable energy, glass brick developed the ES technology which effectively reduces the expenditure of energy through glass blocks, thus improving their energy efficiency.
ENERGY SAVING glass blocks have been subjected to the following laboratory tests in addition to the standard tests required to obtain CE certification in accordance with norm UNI EN 1051-2:
- Resistance to compression along the side of the block according to the EN 1051/1 2005 standards;
- Resistance to thermal shock according to the EN 1051/2 2008 standards;
- Evaluation of the solar characteristics, according to the EN 410 2000 standards;
- Calculation of the U-value according to the EN 673 2005 standards;
- Sound insulation according to the EN 7117/1 2007 standards.
Pegasus Metallised is an exclusive and innovative glass brick. The unique mirroring of the block’s outer edges produces a silver, optical effect that reduces the perception of gaps between the glass blocks and renders the glass surface even more brilliant and intriguing.
Pegasus Metallised glass blocks are available in a range of diverse glass designs and a rich variety of radiant colours.
The clear glass block, the only one in the Pegasus Metallised collection also available in a smooth glass design, fills space with brilliance and luminosity that can be likened to a minimalist style: simple and pure where the transparency of the glass block and light unite to become protagonists. Ideal for evocative interiors and exteriors, contemporary and high-tech environments.
- Dimensions (cm) – 19x19x8
- Weight (Kg) – 2,3
- N. Pieces/m² – 25/27*
- N. Pieces/box – 5
- N. Pieces/pallet – 350
* variable amount depending on the size of grouting
- Quantity: 25 off 190x190x80 Glass bricks per sq.m (includes a 5mm joint all around)
- Advised Joint: 10mm
- Glass design: smooth, wavy and other designs – PLEASE GO TO “PRODUCT RANGE”TO CHOOSE YOUR GLASS BRICK
- Colours: clear, 9 colours with strong shades – PLEASE GO TO “PRODUCT RANGE”TO CHOOSE YOUR GLASS BRICK
- Finishings: transparent, sandblasted 1 or 2 sides
- Size: 19x19x8cm
- Weight: 2.3 Kg
- No. Pieces/ m2: 25
- Weight/ m2 (KN): ~0.75
- Sound Insulation: 40dB
- Thermal insulation: 2.81 W/m2 °K
- Fire Resistance: integrity until 30 minutes and insulation until 15 minutes*
(* For further information, please contact Aluglass Bautech)
- Discovery Uppark
- St Raphael Apartments
- The Core Sandton
- Total House Rosebank
and many more….
NB! PLEASE CONTACT US REGARDING REQUIRED QUANTITIES!
Glass bricks will cover an area of ________________mm high x _____________mm wide or ____________sq.m with ____________________________________(or circle the one of choice!)
Popular imported range includes:
Common installation method will be with ‘Cement and mortar’ or ‘Quicktech system’ done by Aluglass Bautech / other.
Extended imported range includes:
Specifically imported installation method will be with ‘Vetroquick system’ done by Aluglass Bautech / other.