Aluglass Bautech is proud to contribute in alleviating the spread of the COVID 19 virus with the ‘HANDS FREE’ PORTABLE HANDWASHING STATION for use in schools, factories and any community institutions. Handwashing with soap, when done correctly, is critical in the fight against COVID-19.
Make hand washing possible when no plumbing is available.
- Aluminium mill finished frame
- plastic sinks
- foot lever system for water release
alternatively (see video)
- plastic frame
- plastic sink
- and separate plastic water container
- with foot lever system for water release
- 1500mm for Seniors (High school, adults) = +/- 900mm sink height
- 1300mm for Primary School = +/- 700mm sink height
- 1150mm for Pre-primary school = +/- 550mm sink height
Depth: about 440mm
Width: 2800mm with sinks (approx. 1200mm apart for social distancing)
Hose pipe with Gardena-type coupling for aluminium framed station
Where does the used water run too?
The floor or the 40mm drain pipe can be extended and connected to building plumbing.
Can you add soap dispensers?
Yes and anything else you require.
As per UNICEF Fact Sheet – May 2020
KEY CONSIDERATIONS | Handwashing Stations and Supplies for the COVID-19 response
Use case: setting, permanent / temporary Handwashing station
- Minimal touch handling water and soap
- Ease to clean taps and basin
- Drainage of wastewater
- Minimum 1m distance between users, or as directed by local authorities (Covid-19 specific)
Design features and local procurement:
- Connection to water source, water usage and storage capacity
- Local availability of construction materials and spare parts
- Durability of construction materials
- Skills required for local manufacturing, repair and maintenance
User experience and accessibility:
- Acceptability and ease to use
- Attractiveness to consumers