Would you like to extend your outdoor living area? Enjoy your outdoor space with Solamark® Fabric Awnings – fixed or retractable, manual or motorised. Never worry about bad weather again – we can install automated sensor control units to extend and retract your awnings depending on weather conditions.
- custom made fixed & retractable Solamark® fabric awnings to extend or enclose an outdoor area
- also available in an external semi-transparent fabric for a view to the outside
- acrylic fabrics have been impregnated with TEFLON ®-this creates a barrier effect and reinforces the water repellence of the fabric and delays the adherence of soil onto the fabric
- FAI (retractable fold arm)
- drop arm
- drop screen
- fixed screens
RETRACTABLE AWNINGS AVAILABLE:
FIXED AWNINGS AVAILABLE:
- privacy screens for hotel corridors
- any outside area
- fold-arm aluminium frames are available in matt stone grey (ANP37030) powder coating or any other powder coating colour on special request
- fixed awnings frames are supplied in mill-finish aluminium or powder coating on special request
OPERATION TYPES (retractable awnings)
- manually operated with a crank handle
- motorized models which operate with an electric motor and switch or remote (Becker drives and switches)
- retractable awnings can be linked to a home / business automation system (Becker)
|Type||Max extension (MM)||max drop (MM)||max width (MM)||max height (MM)|
Aluglass Bautech® uses high quality, treated acrylic fabric for their fixed or retractable awnings in a wide range of colours and designs. This treated fabric creates a barrier effect and makes the awning water repellent and dirt-resistant. Solamark® Awnings provide up to a 99% UV protection from the harsh SA sun.
For clean long lasting awnings, please follow these easy care and maintenance tips:
- Firstly, remove dirt by carefully brushing or vacuum-cleaning the fabric.
- Use a mixture of water (maximum temperature of the water: 30 ºC) and non-abrasive soap.
- Gently apply the mixture onto the fabric and rinse thoroughly with water
- Allow the fabric to dry completely before rolling up the awning
- Do Not use solvents or abrasive detergents
- It is important to also hose down the underside of the awning. Do it on a hot, sunny day so it will dry quickly.
- Remove bird droppings as soon as they are spotted, as they contain acid that can stain your awnings.
- Be sure to trim shrubs and vines away from awnings, as some foliage contains acid that can harm the awning fabric.
- Avoid spraying insect repellent near the awnings, the stain may weaken its ability to repel water.
- To avoid damage unto the fabric, stretching or water marks, ensure that no water or stains dry on the awnings
- Clean gutters that sit above your awnings to prevent, any roof runoff from spilling onto the fabric.
- Be careful when painting, as splatters on the fabric attract dirt and mildew which will have an impact on the quality of the awning.
- Fabrics imported from Dickson Europe
- Disperse, absorb and reflect UV rays.
- Unsurpassable colour stability.
- High resistance to light and atmospheric conditions.
- Maximum resistance to shrinking, tearing and stretching.
- Maximum resistance to atmospheric pollution.
- Permeability to air and water repellency.
- Extensive range of colours and patterns
Sunworker: An ultra high-tech fabric
Absolute Heat Shield
SUNWORKER fabrics are fully in line with the drive towards sustainable development and energy savings. Thanks to its highly regular, perforated micro-structure, the fabric acts as a genuine heat ﬁlter. It repels up to 92% of the warmth of the sun’s rays, thus avoiding any greenhouse effect and preventing buildings from overheating in summer. In winter, the process is reversed, thus maintaining heat within the building.
Optimal Visual Comfort
By choosing a SUNWORKER fabric, you can control the sun’s glare while maintaining a clear view* towards the outside and still preserve your privacy… So you can see without being seen!
*except Sunworker Opaque and Cristal
The “heart” of Sunworker is made up of a high-strength polyester core, while the distinctive Rachel Trameur-style weaving method used in its manufacture gives it outstanding resistance to bad weather. This technique allows the threads to move in relation to each other in order to spread, transmit and absorb mechanical energy in the event of tearing.
Stay-true Colours & Easy Maintenance
The Lowick System blocks the capillarity effect so the fabric’s absorption of water is very limited. Sunworker fabrics are therefore more durable and stand up to even the most extreme weather conditions. The pigments used allow the colours to keep all their brilliance under the effects of the sun’s rays.
All SUNWORKER fabric is guaranteed ﬁre-retardant. As a result, it suits all types of projects: restaurants, hotels, shops, housing, commercial and public buildings, etc.
Aluglass Bautech Solamark® retractable awning (FAI / Drop-arm / Drop-screen /Pergola) will have a ____________________________mm extension / drop x __________________________mm height finished with (white / light grey/ ______________________) powder coating and fabric specification: ______________________________________________________________.
Awning will be operated manually / motorised with switch or remote / integrated into the automation system.
Aluglass Bautech Solamark® fixed awning (Pram / Bow / Wedge / Dome / Fixed Screen) will have a ____________________________mm extension x __________________________mm height x ________________mm width finished in mill aluminium / ______________________ powder coating and a fabric specification:_______________________________________________.
Do you have an older awning that needs a little TLC and looks like this?
Aluglass Bautech would be more than happy to replace and recover awnings with new fabric that fit your existing awning frame. If your awning is beyond repair we can also supply you with a completely new awning system. All our new awnings are custom made to your specification.
What type of awning refurbishments and repairs do we do?
- Awning Fabric Replacement: Aluglass Bautech can most likely recover any awning type from any manufacture.
- We do not patch up or re-sew old awning fabric. Unfortunately as awning fabric ages, it starts to become brittle. If your awning fabric has started to tear, its a good sign that the fabric is on the way out and will tear again if we try to re-sew it.
- Awning Parts Replacement: If you have an awning that is not operational anymore, Aluglass Bautech may be able to replace crank mechanism, arms & other parts, gearbox or even the motor. This will all depend on what awning it is and if the parts are still available. Aluglass Bautech is very likely to assist with parts for older Solamark® awnings.
Please contact us with your enquiry.